Starting your wealth-building journey with Coinberry
At Coinberry our mission is to offer people convenient wealth-building opportunities, and it only takes a few minutes to be able to access Coinberry’s platform and get started!
Coinberry’s onboarding is only 2 steps: Create an account, and then verify your identity.
These measures are part of regulatory processes that Coinberry must follow and are meant to provide the safest and most secure crypto experience for our users. For most people, our verification process only takes a few minutes.
Creating your account
To create your account with Coinberry you’ll need to go to https://app.coinberry.com/users/sign_up and enter your email address and a password.
Once you’ve entered your account details, you’ll need to go to your email inbox and click on the verification link we provided. This is an important security feature that ensures only you control the email address used to open the account.
Next, we’ll ask you to add a telephone number to your Coinberry account. We’ll confirm you control this telephone number by sending you an SMS message. This is another important security feature as we’ll use this number to send you a code as part of a 2-factor authentication (2FA) process. If you're not familiar with 2-factor authentication see our help article: What is a 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
It is highly recommended that you use a 2FA application instead of SMS 2FA codes. You can use any authenticator app you're comfortable with. Here are a few guides to help you if you're new to 2FA applications:
Verifying your identity
Identity verification is required by regulators in Canada and is meant to protect our customers and prevent fraud. Coinberry is fully compliant with anti-money laundering (AML) and Know-Your-Customer (KYC), as well as suitability requirements.
All of the data you provide is encrypted and stored in compliance with the Canadian Privacy Act’s requirements.
There are 3 steps we use to verify your identity: capture a government-issued photo ID, take a video verification selfie, and complete a suitability assessment.
To complete the identity verification steps you’ll need an Android or iOS device with a camera and microphone.
How to complete your identity verification
- Select the type of photo ID you’ll be using: passport, driver’s license, identity card.
- For a complete list of accepted documents see our verification FAQ: Account Verification
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code we provide.
- To learn how to scan a QR code for an iOS device: Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- To learn how to scan a QR code for an Android device: How to scan a QR code with an Android phone (cnet.com)
- Take pictures of your photo ID
- Ensure that your ID is laying on a dark flat surface and that no shadows are obscuring the ID.
- Complete your video selfie
- Give the website permission to access your microphone and camera. Without this permission, we will not be able to complete the video selfie.
- Make sure you’re in a well-lit, quiet environment with no one else speaking in the same room.
- Look straight into the camera and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Confirm the video selfie once you’ve reviewed it.
- Submit your identity verification by clicking on the “submit verification” button.
Completing your suitability assessment
Coinberry is required, through its registration with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), to complete a trade-by-trade suitability assessment. We’ll ask you some basic questions about your financial situation to ensure that we provide you with investment options that are suitable for you.
It is a brief questionnaire.
Funding your Coinberry account
Now that you’ve successfully created your account and verified your identity there are just 2 more steps on the road to building wealth with crypto: funding your Coinberry account and buying crypto assets.
Funding with Canadian dollars
Once you have verified your account, there are two ways you can fund it with CAD: e-Transfer or Wire Transfer.
Funding with crypto
You can also fund your account with crypto assets if you already have some.
Buying crypto assets
The last step on your wealth-building journey is to buy a crypto asset.