When you created your Coinberry account, it is protected by an SMS code verification being sent to your phone which you need every time you log in to your account.
Although you can choose to use authentication via SMS, it is not always reliable because of a prevalent hacker tactic called “SIM swapping” when hackers can get a hold of your SMS messages.
Considering this, we highly encourage you to enable 2FA using an authenticator app.
To enable 2FA using Google Authenticator, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Google Authenticator App.
2. Log in to your Coinberry account, click your name on the top right-hand corner and go to Account Information.
3. Go to the Security tab and click on Enable 2FA button.
4. You will be redirected to a page with a QR code like this:
5. Open the Google Authenticator on your phone. Tap + to add a new 2FA and select Scan barcode.
6. Capture the QR code on your Coinberry account with your phone camera.
7. The app will immediately generate a 6-digit verification code for your account which changes every 30 seconds (there is a timer next to the code). Enter this code on the Verify Token field, then click Update.
Your account is now protected with 2FA!
The next time you log in to your Coinberry account, you will be asked to enter the 2FA code generated by the Google Authenticator.
Should you need to switch devices or prefer to use SMS authentication, please check this article: How to Disable 2FA.
If you lost your device or no longer have access to your authenticator app, please contact our Customer Success Team through firstname.lastname@example.org.