When you created your Coinberry account, it is protected by an SMS code verification being sent to your phone which you need every time you log in to your account.
Although you can choose to use authentication via SMS, it is not always reliable because of a prevalent hacker tactic called “SIM swapping” when hackers can get a hold of your SMS messages.
Considering this, we highly encourage you to enable 2FA using an authenticator app.
To enable 2FA using Google Authenticator, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install the Google Authenticator App.
2. Log in to your Coinberry account, click your name on the top right-hand corner and go to Settings.
3. Under Security, and click Switch to Google Authenticator.
4. You will be redirected to install Google Authenticator on your mobile device.
5. Once you've installed Google Authenticator, click Next Step and enter the 2fa code that's sent to you via SMS.
6. Capture the QR code on your Coinberry account with your phone camera.
7. The app will immediately generate a 6-digit verification code for your account which changes every 30 seconds (there is a timer next to the code). Enter this code on the Verify Token field and our account is now protected with Google Authenticator!
The next time you log in to your Coinberry account, you will be asked to enter the 2FA code generated by the Google Authenticator.