Coinberry is fully compliant with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) requirements set out by FINTRAC. Account verification is required to comply with regulations, protect our customers and prevent fraud.
Upon signing up, Coinberry requires you to submit avalid government-issued photo IDand avideo selfie.
There are 2 ways in which a new customer can be verified:
- Instant Verification:The quickest way to have your account verified on Coinberry! Most customers go through rapid verification and pass automatically. Once you enter your account details, your identity will be verified by our KYC/AML partners.
- Manual Verification:In the case where a new customer does not pass Instant Verification, Coinberry will require verification documents to complete the process. We will just need to review your government-issued photo ID, video selfie, and Proof of Address document.
Once the verification documents are submitted, you'll hear back from our Customer Success Team!
If you have not received an answer within 24 hours, it means your account is going through manual verification which may take 3-5 business days. You are welcome to reach out to our Customer Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org an update.
Please upload an acceptable piece of identification that clearly states your full name and date of birth:
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Driver’s License
- Permanent Residence Card
- Provincial or Territory Identity Card
- Status Indian Card
- Document fully visible in its entirety
- Clearly shows your name & date of birth
- No Non-Canadian Identifications
- No Health Cards (except for the province of Quebec)
- No Expired Photo ID
VIDEO SELFIE VERIFICATION
After you submit your photo ID, you will be asked to take a video of yourself saying randomized numbers out loud and performing a head movement.
- Allow our platform to use your device's camera. Simply click "OK" and you may now take a video selfie.
- Directly face the camera.
- Ensure your face is fully visible in the light.
- Repeat the numbers and execute the head movement correctly.
- Ensure there is no other noise in the background and no other person is present.
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat.
Coinberry requires a physical/residential addressfor verification. A P.O. Box address is not valid as it is only the location of the box provided by Post Canada for clients to receive their mail.
In some cases, Coinberry may request some additional details to validate your identity and request you to submit any of the following documents which clearly state your name, date, address and is no older than 3 months:
- Utility bill (electricity, water, phone, internet)
- Investment account statements (RRSP, GIC)
- T4 statement
- Record of Employment
- Canadian Pension Plan Statement (CPP)
- Property tax assessment issued by a municipality
- CRA documents (notice of assessment, requirement to pay notice, installment reminder/receipt, GST refund letter)
- Government Benefits statement
- Documents fully visible in their entirety
- Clearly shows your name, date & address
- No more than 3 months old
- Not a screenshot, picture, or partial document (PDFs only)
- No P.O. Box addresses
*Proof of address must be in original form. I.E. A utility bill downloaded from your utility company.