Start your wealth-building journey with Coinberry
At Coinberry our mission is to offer our clients convenient wealth-building opportunities, and it takes a few simple steps to be able to access Coinberry’s platform and get started!
Coinberry’s onboarding is only a 3-step process: Create an account, verify your identity and then determine your suitability.
These measures are part of the regulatory processes that Coinberry must follow which ensure the safest and most secure crypto experience for our users. For most people, our verification process only takes a few minutes.
We have created this step-by-step guide so you know what to expect when onboarding with us.
Step 1:To create your account with Coinberry, you’ll need to go to https://app.coinberry.com/users/sign_up and enter your email address and a password.
Step 2:Once you’ve entered your account details, you’ll need to go to your email inbox and click on the verification link we provided. This is an important security feature that ensures only you control the email address used to open the account.
Step 3:Next, we’ll ask you to add a telephone number to your Coinberry account. We’ll confirm you control this telephone number by sending you an SMS message.
This is another important security feature as we’ll use this number to send you a code as part of a 2-factor authentication (2FA) process.
Once you've confirmed the 6-digit passcode, you will move onto the next step: Verifying your identity.
Verifying your identity
Identity verification is required by regulators in Canada and is meant to protect our customers and prevent fraud. Coinberry is fully compliant with anti-money laundering (AML) and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) set out by FINTRAC, as well as suitability requirements.
All of the data you provide is encrypted and stored in compliance with the Canadian Privacy Act’s requirements.
There are 2 steps we use to verify your identity: capture a government-issued photo ID and take a video verification selfie.
1. How to complete your identity verification
- Select the type of photo ID you’ll be using: passport, driver’s license, identity card.
- For a complete list of accepted documents see our verification FAQ:Account Verification
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code provided.
- To learn how to scan a QR code for an iOS device: Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
- To learn how to scan a QR code for an Android device: How to scan a QR code with an Android phone (cnet.com)
- You can also opt to upload your Photo ID directly from your desktop/laptop.
- Ensure that your ID is laying on a dark flat surface and that no shadows are obscuring the ID. Please note that we do not accept scanned copies or photocopies of your ID.
Complete your video selfie: After you submit your photo ID, you will be asked to take a video of yourself saying randomized numbers out loud and performing a head movement.
- Allow our platform to use your device's camera. Simply click "OK" and you may now take a video selfie.
- Directly face the camera.
- Ensure your face is fully visible in the light.
- Repeat the numbers and execute the head movement correctly.
- Ensure there is no other noise in the background and no other person is present.
- Do not wear sunglasses or a hat.
Confirm the video selfie once you’ve reviewed it.
Once you've uploaded your video, submit your identity verification by clicking on the “Submit Verification” button.
2. Suitability Assessment
Coinberry is required, through its registration with the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), to complete a trade-by-trade suitability assessment. We’ll ask you some basic questions about your financial situation to ensure that we provide you with investment options that are most suitable yo your risk profile.
Once you have submitted your Suitability Assessment - your onboarding is now completed!
Following your onboarding, if your account is in an Under Review status please contact our Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be more than happy to resolve your issue.
Funding your Coinberry account
Now that you’ve successfully created your account and verified your identity there are just 2 more steps on the road to building wealth with crypto: funding your Coinberry account and buying crypto assets.
Funding with Canadian dollars
Once you have verified your account, there are two ways you can fund it with CAD: e-Transfer or Wire Transfer.
Funding with crypto
You can also fund your account with crypto assets if you already have some.
Buying crypto assets
The last step on your wealth-building journey is to buy a crypto asset.
Article is closed for comments.